View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 06:46 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleyx View Post
Are you suggesting free-style sorting of books by drag&drop of covers?

That might work with a library of a few books; a few dozen at most. When you have 1,000+ or even 10,000+ books, as many of us do, free-style sorting just is not feasible.

Just my opinion of course; YMMV.
Maybe the OP isn't after sorting as such, but arranging

In the Windows 2000 and XP file explorer you could (in thumbnail view) arrange files in an arbitrary order by dragging the thumbs around. Typically one would arrange a folder of pictures arbitrarily, then rename them with a sequence number. That feature disappeared in Vista and hasn't been seen since

I couldn't imagine why one would want to arbitrarily arrange thousands of book covers.

But I can imagine one might want to order a single author's books into the order in which they were written, so as to enter the date written into a custom column from a date written ordered bibliography.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-04-2014 at 06:48 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote