View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 08:29 PM   #418
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
David; I haven't tried in python but I used to create large files very quickly by opening a new file, issuing a seek to a postion way WAY past where I was in file, and writing a single byte.
Unfortunately, that didn't help much. It still takes five minutes to create a 1GB file. I think the problem is that FAt32 doesn't allow sparse file allocation and is creating the full file. And if it did, it probably wouldn't help as from what I can see, file systems that do will report the full file size, but only reduce the free space by what was actually allocated.

And I'm not sure if this is going to work. I am experimenting with a Touch running 2.5.2. When I reduced the free space to 100MB and tried a sync, I got a "not enough space" message. It didn't do the update, but it also didn't sync the books. I'll try some different sizes and the later firmware, but I suspect this is a dead end.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote