Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #139
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moffattm View Post
How about usage patterns (the way you do things, i.e. how the books are loaded onto the device, whether you sleep or turn off, how long you read for, do you turn the device off before you insert an SD card or leave it on, etc)? All those sort of things are unique to each user.

There are other possibilities, such as environmental factors (temperature, etc) but I can't imagine that having much affect unless those with battery problems are living in cold climates (I'm in the southern hemisphere so it's summer and quite warm). Temperature can definitely affect battery life.

Even location could possibly make a difference, i.e. maybe something with localisation is wrong (unlikely but not out of the bounds of possibility).
Despite it being winter here in Canada, This latest Glo has remained a near constant 20c/70f. Since it's not practical to use, given its issues, it simply sits on a desk. Our usable readers travel outside briefly, to work and back, and they suffer no ill effects. No static issues in the house, as the floors are mostly non-carpeted.

I've factory-reset all 3 Glo's I've had pass through here, at least once, and always updated with the current firmware at the time. Calibre is used to manage and load our books on all devices.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote