View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #63
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
I just prefer the simplicity of the basic functions of e-readers like my Kindle 4. And obviously, reading e-books on my computer isn't my first choice, but I just hope that standalone e-ink readers still remain over the years.

I've not yet had much experience with tablets, except what I've tried in store demos, and I don't think I'm the target demographic for them. They don't appeal very much to me, for whatever reasons. (I guess it's the touch screen functions)

I don't mind doing some reading on my netbook. I am typing this post right now on it, but it wouldn't be my first choice unless like I said, standalone e-ink readers became a thing of the past, a "former trend". I guess the actual possibility is a bit of a stretch, but I do hope the "basics" remain, to make e-reading accessible for all people.
you noticed you didn't really answer?

Given e-readers dead and given the choice of reading on a LCD tablet or on a LCD netbook, you'd be reading on a netbook?! That frankly makes no sense.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote