View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 08:33 AM   #7
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
...My only solution so far has been to bring the contents of the zip file into Sigil once more, copy the code from any pages AFTER the first page split, and paste them back to the first page so that it's all one long html page again, ...
One of the horrid things about Sigil is that some of its more useful functionality is rather hidden by the UI design. There is one such "hidden" function that makes this problem much easier to fix.

To merge/concatenate two xhtml files in Sigil you simply right click (Windows, I presume its CTRL-click on Mac??) on the second file in the "Book View" pane and select "Merge with previous" from the resulting menu.

I use this frequently with machine converted ePubs that are split somewhat haphazardly. I generally split the files again at appropriate breaks in the text (e.g. chapters, ...). Since Sigil's UI slows down noticably with larger files, particularily switching from code to preview mode after a CSS edit, I generally start by splitting the first segment and only do the "merge with previous" when I get to the end of that segment and find that part of the chapter spans to the next xhtml file. I then continue splitting that combined file.

Last edited by dwig; 06-12-2011 at 08:37 AM.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote