View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 11:26 AM   #63
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Scosche cover and Gelaskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
When I first got My iPad, it was gift which unfortunately arrived without a cover from the US. As I was in India at that time, and while I could buy a ton of iPad's on the Grey Market there was not an iPad case to be found (well at least nothing that could actually protect, but did not cost a fortune).

Desperate to get some protection, especially before flying out so that I could use it on the way, I stumbled upon a Caselogic 7"-10" Netbook sleeve / Case, whose Padded Compartment provided good protection till I could Find a proper iPad Case.

Heading to Egypt, I was unable to find a case in Abu Dhabi nor in Egypt. So The Netbook case had to soldier on for a couple of more weeks until I was able to get a case. Finally my local Apple reseller in Egypt had a case, in fact the official Apple Folio Case, but who was it over priced. Think I paid more then twice the European price, forget the US price.

So the folio soldiered on, for the next few months , serving reasonably well, except for a couple of problems that were infuriating. First, the Case does not work with Apples own dock, requiring you to remove the iPad from the case before you can put in on the dock, meaning that the dock largely gathers dust.

Another Issue I've run into is that the case gathers dust and stains like nobody's business, kind of spoiling the sleek look. Finally, the case can be a bit awkward to hold when you use it around the the way I do.
I've been using this case for a week, and so far have been preety happy with it. Having said that, I've not take it out of the house much so will have to see how well it holds out in that use.
Nice posting! I really love my Scosche cover/stand. My iPad nevers goes on the road without it!

I received my Gelaskin yesterday and it was a dream to put on the iPad! One thing I immediately noticed was the "feel" of the decal on the back. No longer do I feel like my aluminum iPad will slip out of my hand. It's not sticky but does feel like it's more "gripable". Easy to apply and will be easy to remove when I decided to change it or remove it for selling. It was hard to choose just one from all the gorgeous artwork available.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote