Thread: Blip Color - ??
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #6
Blue Eyed Menace
Blue Eyed Menace began at the beginning.

Device: Blip ereader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreameagle View Post
I did order 2 of the blip e-reader and received them today by mail.. It took a while to get here.

My only real complaint is that the FM radio seems to be missing at this time. I cannot find it.. It is not showing under any or category. I called the Bottomline phone number from the invoice. They are sending me another one.. But since I received 2 of them I decided to try the other one. It also does not show the radio controls as stated online on the box and in the manual.. I have yet to figure this one out or find out how to use that function.

It does work pretty well. The sound could be louder from the speaker but the ear phones phone jack is plenty loud.

It does play avi's really well.

It doesn't work with folders very well if you are putting in folder of a certain authors work.. It doesn't know what to do with it. And it will show up in all the catagories but will only open in the category it is meant for.

ie: a folder of music will show up in the ebooks category. But will not open. But it will open under the music category. A folder called Terry Brooks will show up in music but till only open in ebooks.

But if you add individual files it works with them fine and puts them in the right categories only..

I did try several of the different ereader and music formats listed and they all worked just fine..

Connecting it to the computer is easy for adding files.. just copy and paste them in.

The recording function is very clear and records real well. Though you cannot change the name of the recording with the ereader but you can change it thru your computer.

Other than the missing radio function I am quite pleased with it.

I would be happy to answer any other questions anyone has about the blip.. For the price I don't think it is a bad buy.. It is a brand new product so I am just waiting to see what they do about the radio function...
I just received one as a gift however, I have not had the chance to set it up yet...Have you been able to DL books from Amazon? I'm really hoping so because there is tons of stuff, at the right price, that I would like to DL...
Blue Eyed Menace is offline   Reply With Quote