View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 10:46 AM   #71
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Maybe $10
Certainly Ingram Spark is too expensive. Is it $56 just to START creating a title even for POD, before actually publishing?
No. And here's the thing--Ingram constantly has this coupon or special or the other running. Sure, you can spend $45 to start a new paperback and then $20 for an eBook, but most of the time, you can find a discount.

I've been having a discussion over on another forum, about this endless updating crap. I feel it disrespects the buyer, I really do. I've actually given up on some authors, over it. To publish a new version, ONCE, with a few fixed typos, fine, whatever. But there are people that upload 10, 15, 20 new versions. That's Horses**t. They act like their buyers--who, let us not forget, are paying them--are paying them for the pivilege of being their critique group. We're not.

I always use this analogy--would an author be fine if I handed them a print layout, from my company, and said "oh, don't mind the small errors here, that's Deandra, she's just learning to do print layout? She'll do better next time?"

You bet yo' sweet ass they wouldn't. They'd demand that we fix it--and rightly so. They're paying for a professional service and that's what we'll give them. When a buyer buys a book, they expect it to be a professionally-crafted book. Not a project for a critique group.

Of course, the comeback to that is, "[b]ut, but, but, you're only paying $0.99/$1.99/$2.99!" And my attitude is, "I'm not the one that told you to price your work that cheaply."

{shrug}. BUT, you know, people think I'm mean or unreasonable.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote