View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #9
Schauberger
Biotechnologist
Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schauberger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st Gen Kindle; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpider View Post
I meant copy-pasting in order to check the quality of the OCR. Don't copy-paste; that's just wrong. It's like saving an e-book in .txt format - there's pretty much no formatting/styling. Anyway, I
meant that the OCR is pure garbage (which I guess is to be expected from a PDF viewer). Editing PDFs is also a bad idea. PDF is intended as a final destination, not something that can easily be converted - unless, of course, it's a tagged PDF. But that's a different story.
The file I previously uploaded, was NOT my original file. I'm sorry I uploaded such a bad example. Here is a sample of my ORIGINAL file.

http://www48.zippyshare.com/v/33850336/file.html

The OCR quality of this file is pretty good.

Schauberger

PS - I am forced to edit my original file, because my ereader alternates between displaying the original pages, and the OCR'd text.
Schauberger is offline   Reply With Quote