View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 06:43 AM   #62
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
While that does get rid of the fonts that are wanted to be gotten rid of, the fonts that are not wanted to go also go. So I highly recommend staying away from that patch as it causes more trouble than it is worth.
I thought this patch only makes the system fonts invisible, but keeps the fonts in the external fonts directory visible, but i don't know for sure because I never tried.
The patch is safe, removing manually all fonts from the internal directory looks indeed dangerous.. if there is no font to use of left,then it can't display anything,it would not really be bricked but without anything to display txt the outcome would be the same, or there must be a system font,not present in the drop down part of the reader, that it uses.

However,like you said, I would not manually remove them all out of the internal font directory, So I would try the patch and try my font tip, at maximum nothing shows up on the font list drop down menu, if lucky the external fonts are displayed,but that one can be reverted easy when you undone the patch.
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote