View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #54
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Strange that nobody mentioned this yet: out of my cloud books I tried to download to my device, more than half could not be downloaded via 3G and I had to use Wifi for that. I am not sure what the file size limit is, but it's too bad they can't make an exception when it is their own books you are trying to download. I understand personal documents having to be limited, or browsing, but books should all be downloadable via 3G, or at least you should get a warning that if you purchase a specific book, you will need Wifi to download it.

My books are all rather hefty, with many of them having a map in the beginning of them (SciFi, Fantasy and Utopian).
I was upgraded to 3G because of my screen issues, so it's just too bad for me, but if I had paid extra for it, I would probably be livid about it.
"could not be downloaded": what are the symptoms? do you get an error message, or do you just get tired of waiting and cancel?

I used to have a problem sometimes with my K2 because the cellular provider only had EDGE coverage at my house, and even that would fluctuate in strength, dropping off entirely at times. The larger the item to download, the greater the chance that the download would fail at some point. But there was no way to cancel the download, and Kindle would keep trying. And while in this failure mode, nothing else could be sent or downloaded. I remember hopping in the car and driving to where there was 3G coverage so that the download could complete successfully and the download queue 'unblocked'.

Haven't had that problem with more recent 3G Kindles, and rarely find myself outside of 3G coverage, but I can imagine that in your case a connection problem might be involved (either with the provider or with Kindle hardware).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote