View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #11
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I have been unable to get the PDOC tag set using Calibre (the latest 0.8.40).

I imported Dickens, Charles: The Pickwick Papers (Illustrated). v6. 16th Oct 2009, which is a PRC file.

I have the Page Setup import profile set to MobiPocket Books and the output profile set to Kindle (I have also tried Kindle Fire), and the MOBI output Personal Doc tag: set to [PDOC]. I Individually converted to MOBI and saved to disk. When I look at the output using mobi2mobi I get:
Code:
EXTH    item: 501 - CDEContentType - 4 - EBOK
I also tried bulk convert after unchecking "Used saved conversion" and I still get EBOK.

When I transfer this ebook to my Fire via Calibre's send to device, it shows up under Books and it still has EBOK.

I have seen posts that report Calibre ebooks ending up under Docs (not Books) on the Fire, and this was because PDOC was set. So this works for some, but it isn't working for me.

Buy the way, so far as I can tell it isn't that PDOC is required to appear under Docs, but rather that EBOK is required to appear under Books. In particular MOBI/PRC ebooks with no 501 EXTH at all are in Docs as is a "PSNL" (personal letter?) welcome document.

Last edited by wallcraft; 02-18-2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: EBOK vs PDOC
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote