View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
LED Light for Kobo

Well, I have - in the past - touted the merits and recommended ONLY LED lights that used "commonly available AA or AAA alkaline cells ... due to cost and spotty availability of the "hearing aid" types of batteries that many LED lamps use.

Well, that was until last night ...

Barnes and Noble (can I wrote that name here???) has a cool LED light named the Lyra for their Nooks. And the blue color (for those fashion-conscious in the group) darned near matches our "Kobo cyan." Check out the photos at the end of this photo gallery ...

http://gallery.me.com/clintbradford#100032

In all honesty, the lamp I was using - the Mighty Bright twin-LED with its 3 AAA alkaline cells - gets a little heavy and makes the Kobo a little top-heavy after reading a chapter or two. I know it will last longer on a set of batteries than this Lyra ... But the Lyra is rated at about 20 hours of use with a pair of 2032 batteries. And is ONE-THIRD the weight (1.1 ounces versus 3.3 ounces) of the Mighty Bright.

So I have changed my tune on LED lamps for my eReader. Just don't walk in to Barnes and Noble with your Kobo ... (grin)

Clint Bradford
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote