View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 08:52 PM   #1460
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiembe View Post
It's the right sequence of events. As for the time between updating and going back to the old name, I don't really know. I know this has happened once on the same day. Since my first post, I have removed books from my Kobo that had this problem, reloaded them, and successfully changed with KoboUtilities the serial metadata information without producing the previous problem.
Is it possible that you resent a book to the device without removing it after tweaking the metadata? If you change the metadata that is used by the save template, this will probably produce a different file name for the book on the device. The device will then treat this as a separate book. That will mean you have two copies of the same book listed on the device and it is possible the metadata updates only updates one (it should do both, but there are reasons for only one being updated). Then, the series name might be different depending on which copy you see.
Quote:
So that's why! Indeed, when I redo the layout of my books I use fonts that do not exist in my Kobo and that I integrate in the books.
Sideloading the fonts is good if you want to use a font for everything in a book. But, if you want more control, different parts of the book using different fonts, I think you need to embed them.
Quote:
I do not use the automatic update of metadata nor (at least I believe) the creation or the disposition of the books in the collections of my device. When I load a book into my device, it does not end up in any of the device's shelf and obviously does not have a serial name. I use KoboUtilities to update the missing metadata including the serial name, and then place the book in one of the Kobo shelves.
So, the mention of collections was a red-herring. If you do that only on the device, then nothing calibre is doing has any impact on the collections. And the series info has no actual effect on the collections except maybe in how you find a book to add to a collection.

Have you checked the driver to make sure the option to set the series info is not on? If it is, it could be undoing your changes. Of course, if it is on, the series info will be automatically maintained when the device is connected.

Other than this, I have no idea what is going on. If the change happens independent on a connection to calibre, I really, have no idea. If the change happens after connecting to calibre, then it is something in the driver or something you do during the connection. For that, I would need to see a debug log from calibre to see what it actually did. But, as it sounds fairly random, you would need to run calibre in debug mode all the time and keep the logs for when you see it has happened.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote