View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 08:57 AM   #1459
jiembe
Zealot
jiembe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo; Kobo Libra
Quote:
Some time later, you go to the book list and see that the book now has "Some series" displayed for the series.

Is that the right sequence of events? If not, what are you actually doing?

If it is correct, what is happening between the last two steps? Is it minutes, hours, days or longer?
It's the right sequence of events. As for the time between updating and going back to the old name, I don't really know. I know this has happened once on the same day. Since my first post, I have removed books from my Kobo that had this problem, reloaded them, and successfully changed with KoboUtilities the serial metadata information without producing the previous problem.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiembe View Post
When I load a book in my Kobo Glo many time the display of the book don't correspond with the stylesheet. I have to reboot the Kobo to get all the real styles applied. I don't know why.
That shouldn't happen. Except maybe if you are also sideloading a font.
So that's why! Indeed, when I redo the layout of my books I use fonts that do not exist in my Kobo and that I integrate in the books.

Quote:
Quote:
The correspondence between Calibre and Kobo is not the Collection (which in a way is similar to the Calibre's virtual library) but in the series' name. I want them to be the same.
I don't understand at all what you are saying here. You seem to both saying that you are using series for collections and not using them at the same time.

And if I understand you usage of the word "correspondence", then you are wrong. There is a correspondence between the collection and calibre. The correspondence is done through the columns you set in the driver for for the collection management. For each book on the device that is in the calibre library, the collection columns will be evaluated. This gives a list of collection names. The driver will then create a collection for name in the list and put the book into each of those collections.
I do not use the automatic update of metadata nor (at least I believe) the creation or the disposition of the books in the collections of my device. When I load a book into my device, it does not end up in any of the device's shelf and obviously does not have a serial name. I use KoboUtilities to update the missing metadata including the serial name, and then place the book in one of the Kobo shelves.
jiembe is offline   Reply With Quote