View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 07:44 PM   #9
sartori
Connoisseur
sartori began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ath
You might want to consider using line spacing also between paragraphs -- it helps keeping the page calm. I get the feel that paragraphs are trying to run away down the page, and flipping to the next page usually makes the lower lines 'move' because they're not aligned. Using line spacing would probably also help keeping the verses of the poetry together better.
I'm not sure what you mean with this? Should I increase the distance between paragraphs or decrease it? I want to develop my skills on laying out the text so i'd appreciate it if you could explain the above in another way.

I wasn't sure about the CAPS text, I thought it should be in italics but I didn't want to change the text too much from the original guttenberg. Now I know that is how they usually identify italics I'll keep it in mind for the next book.

I've just figured out how to add the links to the chapters from the table of contents in the pdf so I'll add that in the next book.

I use InDesign & Acrobat to put them together - I know it is expensive (but I own it for my business) so if others use it and are interested in my workflow I can put together some instructions.

Thanks for the feedback,

Rob
sartori is offline   Reply With Quote