View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 02:36 AM   #506
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampercam View Post
Is there some setting to change so that all authors are on one page? Currently in my catalog, I have my authors splitting by letter then, for example, with authors beginning with w I have 13 pages of names, so if I want Janny Wurts I have to go next through each page until I get to the end. I'd actually prefer on long list of w authors instead. An alternative would be to have on the w page a subset of links like wa-wel, wek-... (hope that makes sense) so that yu can jump straight to the page you need.

Cheers
Cam
As was mentioned, you can change the page size if you want large pages. Large pages tend to be OK on PC class devices with large screens, but not so good on mobile devices.

With the next release, you can also further sub-divide letters so you can get Authors Starting with Wa, Wu and so on which speeds up navigation, particularly on smaller screen devices. There seems to be no universal trade-off that everyone likes between the value that triggers splitting and the page size so you need to experiment to see which values suit your personal preferences.

Last edited by itimpi; 01-09-2012 at 02:39 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote