View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
Hi all,

Just got a Sony prs-t1. Coming from kindle 3 so I have a bunch of bought mobi books I am converting to epub.

The conversion process goes fine.

However, when viewing the book on the sony, often enough a full 'page' of text does not display. i.e. at the end of the page, there will be 2-4 lines of empty space where there could be sentences. Like I said, this does not happen on every page, but does happen relatively frequently. Sometimes at the end of paragraphs, other times the break is in the middle of a paragraph.

On my k3 I would notice this the odd time, but it would only be 1 line of blank space at the most.

I've tried viewing the same epub book on my ipad and it does not display this behavior, so it looks like it might be more a device issue? Does anyone have any thoughts? Any settings I can look at?
That is a feature Widows and Orphans settings can force 'screens' to contain a minimum number of lines or words, sometimes stealing them from the previous page to meet the minimum.

Last edited by theducks; 12-26-2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: spelling
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote