View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 07:52 AM   #8
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBoy
What I'm doing - and it doesn't work for ALL secure lits - is using ConvertLit to downconvert the secure lit to an unsecure lit, and then using Book Designer to convert the unsecure lit into a libre lrf.

The results are pretty good. You'll want to play with the output format a bit since the libre fonts are a little different from the reader fronts and so you can get what the software thinks should be a single line wrapping across into a second line.

I prefer my fonts to be a bit larger so the output option I chose are:

Book style: Simple
Book Text: 22
Book Cover: 32
Paragraph Indent: 5
Margins Left: 5
Margins Top: 0
Page Width: 600
Lines per page: 20
And under the Option tab, I deselect Hyphenate.

What it produces is quite acceptable, but, of course, not 100%. It drops any accented characters, and doesn't convert open and closing quotation marks as two types but just makes them both the same - " - but it does provide a nice readable output.
I've been doing the same quite happily, but found a slightly narrower page width worked for me.( 550)
Mitchll is offline   Reply With Quote