View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 03:23 PM   #5
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
What I'm doing - and it doesn't work for ALL secure lits - is using ConvertLit to downconvert the secure lit to an unsecure lit, and then using Book Designer to convert the unsecure lit into a libre lrf.

The results are pretty good. You'll want to play with the output format a bit since the libre fonts are a little different from the reader fronts and so you can get what the software thinks should be a single line wrapping across into a second line.

I prefer my fonts to be a bit larger so the output option I chose are:

Book style: Simple
Book Text: 22
Book Cover: 32
Paragraph Indent: 5
Margins Left: 5
Margins Top: 0
Page Width: 600
Lines per page: 20
And under the Option tab, I deselect Hyphenate.

What it produces is quite acceptable, but, of course, not 100%. It drops any accented characters, and doesn't convert open and closing quotation marks as two types but just makes them both the same - " - but it does provide a nice readable output.
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote