View Single Post
Old 01-31-2017, 02:24 PM   #12
Stead
Stead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX graphite
I have the same problem.
I got a new one, sealed Kindle DXG
It was updated for the software 2.5.8. And then Amazon registered it. But once I tried purchasing an item, I was unable to make any purchases because it was unregistered, when it absolutely registered.

How did you solve the problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogfrog View Post
I have a similar but slightly different problem. I have a DXG (I like the bigger screen) which I purchased used. Generally it's fine but won't connect over 3G. So called Amazon support, and after a very frustrating time eventually got someone on the phone who seem to know what they are talking about, and actually knew what a DXG was, anyway it turns out Amazon (both UK and US) have no record of the DXG serial no. and therefore it won't register. Whilst the is mostly not a problem, the time is wrong on the device (normally set from the 3G provider) and that seems to stop KUAL loading (it seems to alternate between saying its not registered as a development machine and complaining about the date not being set/in range. It's JB and has the SS hack successfully installed. is there anything I can do to set the date & get KUAL working ?
Stead is offline   Reply With Quote