View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 09:27 AM   #58
OverHaze
Connoisseur
OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OverHaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indio777 View Post
Ahh, too bad. But just because I think the series is great doesn't mean you have to.

Have you read any other of Neal Stephenson's books? I think some are quite good. Others, well ...

Books in the Culture series by Iain M. Banks (mentioned by some others). They aren't all great but still ...

More space opera: Alaistair Reynolds (yes! yes!). Have you read any Peter Hamilton?

I liked Kay's Tapestry series.
I've read Revelation Space and really enjoyed it (its so Grimdark it might be a 40k novel!), Chasm City very tempting but I am somewhat disappointed it focusses on the periods before and after the outbreak of the melding plague. The interesting part for me in any outbreak fiction is the outbreak, how societies and individuals respond as the infection spreads. The first half of The Stand is a really great book!

As for Hamilton I've read Pandoras Start and Judas Unchanged, both great fun and damn is the man good a titling his novels! I've also read a good chunk of The Reality Disfunction but was completely turned off by what the threat turned out to be.
OverHaze is offline   Reply With Quote