View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 09:26 AM   #72
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I too am waiting impatiently for this update.

N.B. - Amazon did tweak the OS to stop the hideous battery drain when the Wifi was left on. Initially you could literally watch the battery drain from Wifi usage - and had to remember to turn on airplane mode if you didn't have a charger cord with you. My phone, lying unused on my desk at work, would drain 30 -50% in 8 hours - even if I didn't use it for anything. Now, the battery remains > 90% over 8 hours.
Since you've had the phone for a while, have you seen any talk of Amazon contemplating such an upgrade? I'm baffled that Amazon would have a very different UI on a device that amounts to a mini Fire. It's quite disconcerting switching between the two UIs; and I don't like it one bit.

I'm using this phone like a pocket-sized Fire HDX. It's worth the $100 I paid for it. If I had to pay $200 with the current OS, I wouldn't do it.

Very glad they fixed the battery drain.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote