View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 08:39 AM   #68
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Fire OS 3.6.8 --> why hasn't Amazon upgraded the OS for the phone to OS 4.5.1 (the one used on the newer Fire tablets)? I don't like using two very different UIs when switching from the phone to the HD 6. Of the two OSs, OS 4.5 is superior to OS 3.6.
I too am waiting impatiently for this update.

N.B. - Amazon did tweak the OS to stop the hideous battery drain when the Wifi was left on. Initially you could literally watch the battery drain from Wifi usage - and had to remember to turn on airplane mode if you didn't have a charger cord with you. My phone, lying unused on my desk at work, would drain 30 -50% in 8 hours - even if I didn't use it for anything. Now, the battery remains > 90% over 8 hours.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote