View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 06:20 AM   #3
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyata View Post
This wouldn't work with 2.8.1 I suppose?
You are right.[QUOTE=miyata;2610414]
Quote:
Are you planning to upgrade this patch?
Yes, I do. Since in 2.8.1 much of the relevant data is compressed, it has become a little bit more difficult to do. Immediately after the release of 2.8.1, I made a minimal bad-eyes-version for Touch (I changed only the size of menus, dictionary and annotations, since those data are still not compressed and are therefore easy to deal with). Yesterday night, I had another look into it. I think I am able now to handle the compressed data too. At the moment, I don't know exactly how to go about it in detail in order to make it easily usable. Maybe, I could produce a configuration file for matazoa's patcher. A problem is that metazoa's patcher only deals with libnickel, but we need to change nickel too. Another problem is, that I only have a Touch. This makes it difficult to know, whether what I do has the intended effect on other devices, especially since the Touch and Mini on the on hand, and the Glo and Aura (HD) on the other seem to drift apart more and more concerning the user interface. [On a side note, I did not get any feedback telling how the 2.6.1 patch worked for Glo and Aura. Therefore, it is not easy to continue working on that branch]

Quote:
What if one would use this and metazoas patch together?
If both are for the same FW version [for the time being this can only be 2.6.1], there should not be any problem, I guess.
Quote:
So many questions...
To get this one for the latest Firmware would be a real bless for me, cause I actually use magnifying glasses to adjust settings on the aura, would be nice to be able to do that without 'em...
Changing the font size of the setting screens is especially difficult. The reason is, that these screens tend to be crowded and thee positions of the elements are fixed. Increasing the font size leads therefore easily to overlapping elements.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote