View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 06:01 AM   #52
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegAnne View Post
In the past I had used the plugin to assign "Genre" to just over 400 books and "sub-genres" to more or less one thousand books. Since I'm a data-hoarder that information is still in my database and the books are a broad mix of genres.
When the previous plugin worked and I flagged only Genre, I would get only one tag and that was perfect for my needs - I was quite more interested on assigning genre and sub-genre to my books than on Tags . Now, flagging only Genre, I get a mix, including sub-genres, age level, time period.
Is this what you expected?
I have finally had a look at the two examples you sent. As far as I can tell, the plugin is getting the correct results. I think what has happened is that the site has reorganised some the data.

Firstly, for the two books you sent, this is what I see.

"Six" by M.M. Vaughan - http://www.fictiondb.com/author/mm-v...~1110661~b.htm

This has the following that could be considered as tags:
- Time period - Contemporary
- Genre - Kids (12 & Under), Kids: Middle Grade, Speculative Fiction, Action Adventure
- Classification - Action & Adventure - General, Science & Technology, Science Fiction
- Age Level - 08-12

"Two of a Mind" by S.M. Stuart - http://www.fictiondb.com/author/sm-s...~1249706~b.htm

This has the following that could be considered as tags:
- Genre - Kids (12 & Under), Speculative Fiction, Science Fiction
- Classification - Science Fiction

So, what my version retrieves as "Genre" is what the site shows as "Genre" on the books page.

My changes can get the "Time period" and "Genre". The released version has "genres", "sub-genres", "themes", "time period", "tags" and "age level". These no longer match the site. "Time period" is obvious, but, for the rest, I don't know the new names. I would have said that "Genre" was the same in both, but I am now wondering of genre is now "Classification" and "sub-genre" is now "Genre".

To add to the confusion, the advanced search page has the five metadata search groups. These are "Genre", "Sub-genre", "Theme", "People/Creatures", "Age Level" and "Time period". Each of these have several options. The options under "Age Level" include what the two "Kids" genre's shown above. It looks like the search options in "Genre", "Sub-genre", "Theme", "People/Creatures" and "Age Level" are all now in the "Genre" section of the book details page.

From this, unless someone can find books with the other types, I can only get "Genre", "Classification" and "Time period" to put into the tags. The options will have to be reduced to just these three.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote