View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 08:46 PM   #119
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
I don't think the perceived quality of individual products matters nearly as much as name recognition, and Amazon is a household name (at least in the US), whereas if you tell someone that your ereader brand of choice is Kobo, they'll look bemused and ask, "Is that like a Kindle?"
Sure. As I mentioned early on in this thread, I think Kobo is less well known than Kindle because Kobo ceded the US market to Amazon.

My post about Kobo's perceived quality was more in response to post #110.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote