View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 10:08 PM   #2
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
The difference in screen color from one unit to another, even of the same make and model, is the normal thing. Nearly all ereaders are like this regardless of brand. That's not a Kindle specific thing at all.

I have 3 Kobos, all of the same model, and side by side, all have different colored screens.

I have 4 Kindles, although they're different models, and all are different. I live in a retirement home and I've compared my Paperwhite with some of my neighbors and they're different. That's just how ereaders are.

I'm not sure if it's because they're made at different times in different batches, or if it's just something inherent in e-ink screens. But it is the normal thing.

By the way, when I had a Palm 3C, many years ago, and my neighbor had one, those screens looked very different as well.

I doubt that this has anything to do with quality control. All my ereaders have held up very well over the years. Since 2009 I've had Kindles, Kobos and Nooks and none have had any problems so I'd say their quality control is very good.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote