View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 12:08 AM   #23
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjprabakar View Post
Finally the serial TTY adapter has reached me.

can you or someone will be kind enough to help me with the steps i need to do after connecting the kindle to the serial input, please ?

I dont want to screw my kindle.
I think your kindle was on some sort of repair screen, so the first thing you want to do is just see if it has any logs.

Follow the link cinisajoy linked, to learn how to hook up the cable, and then use the program on the computer to look at the logs.

Your first step is probably to go ahead and hook everything up, and then try to do a reboot of your kindle by holding down the power button.

Then report back here with any information you get from the logging program.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote