View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 03:38 AM   #68
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yup, what chipf0rk said. This is slightly out of general scope of the forum, and such a potentially vast and complex subject that it's kinda hard to jot down in a few lines without making it actually more dangerous (dumb analogy ahead: it'd potentially be like giving small children a bunch of sharp objects while only telling them that they could use them to fix their toys [not that I'm calling anyone a child, I just got up, that sounded like a fun analogy... anyyyywaaay ]). [This is also roughly one of the reason you don't see much about USBNetwork from me, even in the very posts it's offered. I figure if you need it, you know how to use it ].

And on our side, for the most basic setup of USBNet, it's as simple as install > click > plug > setup network, so, nothing much to say besides what's in the doc ;p.

Now, hopefully, the worst that can happen is you ending up on the "Your Kindle Needs Repair" screen after a reboot, and, if it is indeed because of an interaction with the Fonts hack, following either what was done in the first few posts of this thread, or at worst, doing a semi-hard factory reset will get you back in business. It's just much easier/faster to recover from on the spot via SSH, that's all.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 12-06-2013 at 03:44 AM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote