View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 03:36 PM   #9
shayaknyc
Enthusiast
shayaknyc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I suspect that Jon is trying to say that storing your calibre library on IPFS is not going to work.
Hmm....I wasn't suggesting IPFS replace local storage, I was thinking more along augmenting access to the calibre library via IPFS.

Quote:
As long as you can guarantee that all the books in your collection are not under copyright. If any of them are copyrighted, well, hoist the Jolly Roger and damn the cannons time.
I definitely concede that this is definitely an issue, and I didn't think of it initially as a deal-breaker. I know for a fact that many, if not most, of my library definitely would fall under the category of copyright infringement if it were to become freely and publicly accessible to anyone.

Quote:
At MobileRead, even seeming to be promoting piracy is a good way to get yourself banned. MobileRead poobahs prefers to avoid having lawyers casting their eyes in their direction.
My intention wasn't at all to promote piracy at all. Thanks for the heads up!

Disclaimer: I AM NOT PROMOTING PIRACY OF COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS THROUGH ONE'S CALIBRE LIBRARY.

This was just a proof-of-concept question. For example, if my entire library was comprised of my own IP, and I would want to make it accessible via IPFS with a Calibre "front-end" to manage the assets, then the rest of this thread applies. I am not condoning that one leverage this for materials that would otherwise be considered piracy.
shayaknyc is offline   Reply With Quote