View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 09:07 AM   #209
mahrz
mahrz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
The tar file was with regard to the system resizing. The rooting worked all fine, even from a linux machine, except that I messed something up after rooting and restored everything from SD, so no problem there.

What didn't work was the resizing (btw, google translate messed up all the command line options and file paths, it should be "tar -xzf" and not "tar-xzf", if I get it done I might rewrite that part in the wiki).

I was able to follow the instructions for resizing, and using the serial console I was even able to make sure that the system partition was resized after following the instructions.

However, the reader got stuck in the revolving arrows loop as I described. Therefore I wanted to know if anybody else succeeded in resizing the partition?

I just mentioned the tar file and sd card because I deviated from the translated description which tells you to use the internal sd to create a tar file of your system partition, then create a filesystem image on a linux desktop which is slightly larger, put the contents of the tar in there, and then put that back on the internal sd and then dump it on the device holding the system partition. Which is not exactly what I did, I just used the external sd as a intermediate storage for the tar and img file, but I cannot see how that should have changed anything critically.
mahrz is offline   Reply With Quote