View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 01:29 PM   #11
Grimulkan
Lord
Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Grimulkan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Q1 (on way out), PRS505, DR1000S (dead :<), TC1100 (10'' perfection!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
[...] I have no idea why as it doesn't happen on my wacom drawing pad.
My concern exactly. I'm either mistaken, or there is something wrong with the hardware. Perhaps the Wacom sensor is flawed, but really, these guys are experts at this sort of stuff, I see no reason why everyone would get a flawed sensor. Maybe we all got stuck with a poor batch . Its also possible that whatever hardware/algorithm applies the calibration is flawed and doesn't apply the linear map correctly. All this sounds funny though, I really wonder whats going on.

I've tried modifying gtktscal to move the calibration crosses around, use more crosses etc., but there are always mismatch errors. Perhaps this mismatch also exists on Wacom drawing tablets, but we just don't notice it because we can't see what we draw. No idea, but again, unlikely. I'm sure mismatches in something like the Cintiq would raise hell among its fan base.

A shame, good calibration with good drawing software and pressure sensing opens out an entire new use for the DR, and it beats the daylights out of the Cintiq in terms of portability.
Grimulkan is offline   Reply With Quote