View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #737
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
I'm deeply conflicted about these 75% off codes. I'm always happy to use a 10-45% code, as Kobo will usually at least break even on those (based on my understanding of typical non-agency/wholesale mark-ups on e-books).

But this 75% off code will lose them money, and nothing but. To then extend that with multiple country codes, making it multi-use, seems abusive to me.

It seems to me that Kobo would offer such a code as the loss they take on it is a customer acquisition cost for customer, like the poster of the code, who had yet to use their Kobo. To use this 75% off code they have to register their credit card and/or Paypal, reducing the path of resistance to future purchases. But those of us already enjoying their services is it not tantamount to theft to use this code that wasn't meant for us, that Kobo will lose money upon us using?
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote