View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #8
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Don't forget the King James bible. I've never read it myself, but I know plenty of people who have and hardly any of them are called King James
And King James only commissioned the translation, not performed it... BTW, the "official name" of the KJV is "The Authorized Version."

On a more serious note, the reason the ASV and the American Version of the Catholic Bible are called "American" is that they use American English syntax, spelling, and punctuation as opposed to British English (or the Queen's English).
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote