View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #41
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
The idea that aspiring authors should defer a chance to work professionally at their craft until they can afford a lawyer to check the terms of their employment is ridiculous. Would you prefer that we had no books written by authors who can't yet afford a lawyer?
Having a lawyer run his eye over your contract is not something which need cost a great deal of money. When I did it for my textbook-writing contract, it cost me about £30 ($50), if memory serves me correctly (and he did suggest a couple of changes to the contact as a result). Putting to one side the image of authors starving in the proverbial garret, don't you think that spending a relatively small amount of money such as that is a sensible precaution, and one which it's worth investing?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote