View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 03:10 PM   #25
artig
Zealot
artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo, kindle pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Not sure what you are referring to here. I bought a children's book for my son from the Kobo store, and the illustrations on my Kobo look identical to the printed book...
The original Kobo (the non-WiFi version) uses a native book format which does not allow for diagrams or illustrations. To get illustrations you need to download and register ADE with Adobe, then download the books from the Kobo bookstore with ADE, and transfer these from ADE to the Kobo in ePub format. Bypassing the Kobo Desktop. There have been several threads about this problem.

Hopefully Kobo will update the firmware for the original Kobo so these extra steps are not required. Apparently the WiFi Kobo has new firmware which uses ePub as the native format, thus allowing illustrations to be included without using ADE.
artig is offline   Reply With Quote