View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 03:23 PM   #1
ballfresno
Addict
ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (Sage, Aura One, Aura HD, & Touch); reMarkable tablet.
Remarkable: linux client

Given the recommendation in the general discussions thread, when that thread was moved to the other ebook readers forum, I thought I would start a new thread on accessing the tablet from GNU/Linux systems.

A PHP based client has been written by Andreas Gohr which gives full access to the tablet's contents stored on the cloud, allowing listing, uploading and downloading: the ReMarkable API github site.

On Debian, I had to simply clone the repository,
Code:
git clone https://github.com/splitbrain/ReMarkableAPI.git
, then
Code:
sudo apt install composer
and finally
Code:
composer install
. At this point, I could use the remarkable.php script to start interacting with the cloud storage for the reMarkable tablet.

Works very well for listing and downloading; uploading has some quirks which I am still investigating (tablet claims documents are corrupt).

Update: there was a bug with the upload aspect. Raised an issue and this was resolved very quickly! Works very well now.

Last edited by ballfresno; 02-04-2018 at 07:41 AM. Reason: updating status of the software for uploading documents
ballfresno is offline   Reply With Quote