View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 04:02 AM   #15
redchili
redchili began at the beginning.

Device: pb-840
quick update from my side:

some days ago i got a reply from inkpad mentioning market availability of the upcoming inkpad3 around march 2018. maybe the next days will bring some more news as inkpad might showcase their products during the CES?

anyhow, i grew tired of waiting and miss ereading so i also ended up ordering an icarus illumina xl hd which arrived right before xmas.
my experiences with that ereader have been quite pleasant so far, some quick pro/cons that come to my mind:
+ great display
+ good (even) screen-lighting
+ noticably lighter than the pocketbook1 (just realizing how nice a lighter reader is)
+ stable software, quick response
+ generally a good protective cover that wraps around the corners
+ runtime seems also ok, i've keept wifi disabled so far
- cover-flap bends around the device far less smoothly than the inkpad-one did, wakeup/sleep finctionality seems not to work.
- slightly smaller screen compared the pocketbook, this devices size is the real minimum screen-size i would accept
- have to re-select the book last opened (single click), inkpad allowed to continue right where you left off
- don't like the soft-touch-plastic surface as i experienced dissociation/corrosion (smearing) over time with similar surfaces
= boot/startup time feels to be about on par with the inkpad1

so far i've not been unhappy with the illumina xl hd but depending on what price the inkpad3 will carry and if they managed to improve some of the weak spots of the former inkpad generations i still might swap my illumina xl hd for an inkpad3 in the future... lets see.
redchili is offline   Reply With Quote