View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 02:48 PM   #40
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
I've been playing around with custom grouping, and I thought os something that might be handy.

How about an option that says - If there are less then X items in a grouping, don't group by first letter, even if "Group by first letters" is turned on.

I use a custom grouping called "My shelves", to tag books I want to read soon. It only has 5 different entries in it. When I click on it in the grouping menu, I get 5 letters, each with one entry in it.

Perhaps if there were less then 10 or 15 entries, or maybe even a user defined number, the program could ignore the state of the "Group by" option.

If you turned this off by default, most people would never find it, and you wouldn't get support questions about it.

Another way to do this would be to have "Group by first letters" be a group level setting.

Last edited by kaufman; 04-30-2014 at 04:55 PM.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote