View Single Post
Old 10-02-2021, 06:57 AM   #7
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
I've done a cold boot a million times, usually after a dirty forced shutdown. @NiLuJe just doesn't like KSM as much as we do. :P
😁
Quote:
What you describe somewhat sounds like you might've accidentally provoked a system reset or something?
It looks that way, but I try to find out what was preventing the first boot from happening?

I also find out the mechanism that triggers the USB popup:
Clouds!
What I'm using to charge the reader is a solar panel.
When there is a cloud passing, it drops the voltage a little and that opens one popup. With every voltage drop, another popup opens on top of the previous one. That explains why in the past I had to press more than one time the cancel button, for the popup to close. The time it freezed, I had it on charge for a long time, so maybe it wasn't freezed at all!
So the question now is: what happens if there are many popups open and you try to hard reset?
Edit: there must be at least one more way to trigger the popup, because I saw one on one of my checks, although there was no disruption of the sun..

Last edited by embryo; 10-02-2021 at 07:47 AM.
embryo is online now   Reply With Quote