View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 11:27 PM   #20
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by obelix
PDF (portrait orientation) is smaller than screen size, it looks like the right and the bottom fields are not cropped. Actually, I think the PRS-500 image size is not correct rather than lack of cropping. It can be seen from the following, for 3 zoom settings:

1. At small size: Portrait PDF is alligned to the top and left, right and bottom margins are about 20% of the screen size.
2. At middle size. Image gets larger, but right and bottom margins still exist.
3. At the highest zoom. Image gets larger than the sceen size, right and bottom parts are out of the scope.

Please check if the image size is set exactly to the screen size: 584х754
(not 600x800 !!!) Reader is very sensitive to the proper screen size.
Well, I guess you're right. According to the info I had, I used the following settings:
Code:
Default options for the profile prs500:
  rotate=none hres=565 format=lrf vres=754 nosplit=True colors=4

Default options for the profile prs500-l:
  rotate=left hres=754 format=lrf vres=565 overlap=45 colors=4
Should I change that to 584 instead of 565? I simply kept what was the default in PDFRasterFarian, which sets it to 565. Can you try running the following in a command prompt and let me know if the output looks OK?
Code:
<installdir>\pdfread-run.cmd -p prs500 --hres 584 <pdf-file>
I'll be adding some form of "custom" profile via the GUI sometime soon, as time permits :-)
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote