View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 09:58 PM   #6
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
My main reason for not participating in a few of the recent Literary book club choices has been lack of time. My work has been pretty intense and looks set to remain that way until the end of the year at least. So I'm not a good bet for support regardless of what you choose at the moment.

That said, I did enjoy the New Leaf Book Club and if/when I have time I would like to participate in a book club of some sort.

I like the loose themes approach of both the Literary and the New Leaf book clubs, the genre based selections are OK occasionally, but I'd prefer not to see that month in month out.

The tighter rules of the New Leaf club kept everyone on the same track and it worked well while we had a good collection of regulars, but I think it did discourage drop-ins. The Literary club is welcoming of drop-ins, but you don't seem to be getting many anyway. I've been wondering if that's part of a slow down in MR participation overall? (Not that I've been keeping stats, but it seems to me MR has been getting quieter for some time now.)
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote