View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 09:27 AM   #164
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanoff View Post
Hi folks,

I bought an used Kobo Touch Mini to try this weather forecast and play a little bit programming it with Python. It came factory reseted. Firmware version is 1.9.11.

The problem is, there is no option to connect it to WIFI without updating. It needs to be connected to computer in order to make it possible. But when I do it immediately starts downloading latest firmware which I don't want to have.

I presume the WIFI connection information is stored in DB file BookReader.sqlite, which is password protected.

Anyone knows how to avoid update and still connect it to WIFI network?
No, the WiFi information is stored on the root partition of the device. It isn't accessible when the device is connected to a PC. If you want to look at it, you need to enable telnet or something similar. The BookReader.sqlite is something from fairly recent firmware and is used for either the OD integration or Kobo Plus.

As to not upgrading, there are patches for more recent firmware. Or you could try adding a host file entry pointing to something other than the Kobo server. There has been a lot of discussion about this over the years, but I don't remember details for the 1.9.x firmware.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote