View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 03:43 PM   #139
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by EltaninPub View Post
I tried it with another book today and it doesn't work. It's an AZW3 file (the file that Amazon sent to my kindle, which I copied to my library then sent back to the kindle) and sending it to the kindle from Calibre doesn't show the cover. Any fixes?
Here are some possible workarounds:

Convert your books to CDETYPE=EBOK before sideloading. This will allow covers to be used. The downside is loss of syncing between devices.

Go back to older firmware on your Kindle (prior to version 5.8.5) and then block it from receiving future firmware updates. There are instructions for doing this as part of jail breaking in the Kindle Developer's Corner forum. Downsides are the potential to screw up your device and missing out on new features and bug fixes.

Send your books to Amazon in the old MOBI format, instead of the newer MOBI+KF8 format. This should restore covers. The downsize is missing out on the richer book formatting available in KF8 (AZW3) format.

Perhaps someone else has a better solution.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote