View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 12:30 PM   #82
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
I don't deny that some people still prefer printed books, and buy printed books, but I balk at the way the sentence is expressed.
I'll take first base then.
Some people see eBooks as a replacement for some printed books.
How about that?
The sentence was phrased the way it was to match the equivalent sentence I quoted.
For me, eBooks are a replacement for fiction, but not for cookbooks, maps, textbooks, repair manuals, or probably many other things that spring to mind.

Quote:
Are more books being sold as eBooks each year than printed books. Is the percentage of eBooks growing each year. Are the total eBooks growing each year and are the total printed books decreasing each year.
No. Yes. Yes. Don't know, but I doubt it.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote