View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 06:16 PM   #12
adonis
adonis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adonis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adonis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adonis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adonis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adonis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adonis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adonis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adonis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adonis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adonis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Damn!! I nearly got it!!! For a short time I had a working kindle.

Problem: Fastboot not working and lsusb not showing the device
Soltution: Replug USB

With working fastboot I flashed these images:
http://ixtab.tk/kindle-touch-images/PW2/

Had to extract the .gz-files to get .bin-files and flash them with fastboot.

Code:
./fastboot flash system mmcblk0p1.bin
./fastboot flash kernel main_kernel.img
./fastboot flash diags mmcblk0p2.bin
./fastboot flash diags_kernel diags_kernel.img
Now, i was able to boot into diags and mount the kindle as USB storage. Then I copied mmcblk0p1.bin.gz to the root folder. After then I went back to "Exit Login prompt" and logged in as root. There I run this commands as described here: http://ixtab.tk/kindle-touch-images/README.txt

Code:
zcat /mnt/us/kt_5.1.2-kernel_main.gz | dd of=/dev/mmcblk0 bs=4096 seek=65
idme -d --bootmode main
reboot
Et voilá, I had a working kindle.

BUT...

After a while it restarted and updated itself and then the error message reappeared again :-(((

I repeated the previous steps with no success.
I also tried:
Code:
echo 0 > /var/local/upstart/lab126_gui.restarts
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p3 bs=4K count=1K
EDIT:
I got it fixed again, by first flashing the PW-1 images to it, restart it, and then flashing the PW-2 images again and restart.

Then it works, but after a while it again reboots itself, starts auto-updating and the message appears again.

Last edited by adonis; 06-29-2015 at 07:07 PM.
adonis is offline   Reply With Quote