View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #17
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
15%? I get charged 5% gst and no provincial sales tax. Oops, I see Shopaholic already addressed the tax issue. I wasn't aware some provinces tax e-books, I guess Saskatchewan doesn't.
No worries. The federal tax is charged on everything. Generally, the provincial tax wasn't collected on books, paper or electronic, among other things but some provinces charge HST which combines the federal GST and the provincial PST just like Ontario now does. Boooooooooooo! You're lucky to only have to pay the federal tax and not both.

It was a big issue last year because people had to fork over an extra 8% on things that previously weren't provincially taxed but now would be because our 'lovely' premier went the harmonized tax route.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote