View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 05:22 PM   #14
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I stayed with my sister over the weekend. We watched several things:

His Dark Materials: I really liked it. I read the books in 2002 and I can't remember that religion is such a big theme in them. But that's probably me.

The Pale Horse: somewhat confusing, though the set and costume design was very beautiful.

Shaft (2019): fun escapism. Poking fun at various generations.

Crooked House: a very good mystery, though most characters were stereotypes.
I read the first Dark Materials book and liked it - not sure when I'll get back to the rest. I hope the TV series comes out on DVD eventually and that my libraries get it.

I watched Pale Horse a few days ago and had to rack my brain to even remember what it was about. I guess I'm not much of an Agatha Christie fan.
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote