View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 10:35 PM   #26
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Yes, good point. The "well, I did this and read that and then I fixed it" group, who come up with...er, intriguing ways of fixing things, that can be bonkers-making, too.

We had a client that "fixed" her ePUB by some tortured method, that she cobbled together from various blogs online...converted the ePUB to PDF, using Calibre (sigh), then downloaded a free trial of Adobe Acrobat DC; then edited the PDF, using DC and then converted that mess BACK to ePUB using, yes, Calibre. Worse, she sent that abortion back to us, expecting us to be able to see the edits that she'd made, to make those in her print version, too. (Yes, sure, I know what edits you made. I promise to only use this superpower for Good!)

Heeeey-hoooooo, you betcha! (Not).

It's a no-win.

Hitch

OH, come on. It is easy! Just print both versions out on light weight paper and hold them up to a light and you can literally just see the differences.

VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote